Wednesday 24 November 2010

Wedding Supplier Wednesday - Modern Photographic

HAPPY WEDDING WEDNESDAY!

Today we are featuring the wonderful Essex based Julia West (some people still know her as Julia Ford, as she is still in the process of changing her name after her wedding in July!), who is the wonderfully talented Art Editor at WEDDING magazine and one half of modernphotographic.co.uk with her hubby Ian. Ian is also a celebrity portrait and event photographer.
Lets hear more from Julia:
I started in 2004, mainly second shooting but I set up the name and covered smaller weddings. My husband Ian joined the business last year in 2009
I had always had an avid interest in photography, since studying it at A Levels. With my design degree I still was able to do it to some extent. It wasn't until friends were getting married and they told me at the time the choice was mainly traditional. Only 6 years later there is lots more choice which is great and helps the industry strive to get better and more diverse
Firstly experience and knowing the industry. Ian has been a highly respected professional in the celebrity event circuit for over 25 years, I spend my days selecting real life weddings so I constantly see the latest ideas from weddings across the world. We put this together with a package that covers everything you could want. We also offer what we believe to be our unique client download gallery. All our couples receive a high res CD of full edited imagery. However we also upload a selection of these onto a gallery that your guests can download for themselves!
The best bit to my working day is the variety. I'm often asked how I juggle it all but I'm very fortunate enough to work on one of the best glossy bridal magazine's WEDDING. I deal with everything from photoshoots to selecting real life weddings, all to make sure the magazine looks stunning. I combine all this knowledge with my wedding photography clients, who I only take a select number on a year to ensure I can give them as much time as they deserve. I couldnt give up either!
Julia and Ian are such a lovely couple! To find out more about there own Wedding (and to be nosey!) it is featured in WEDDING this issue (December/January) and a grab of the pages is on there blog: http://modernphotographic.blogspot.comIm sure you can see from the images what an amazing couple they make! THANK YOU so much for allowing us to feature you on the blog!

Contact Julia either via the WEBSITE, BLOG, or on (e) julia@modernphotographic.co.uk (t)07747 114424

If we can help you with any bespoke jewellery email jon@jonkeithdiamonds.co.uk or call 07904123297 or if you would like to feature on our WSW feature email lisa@jonkeithdiamonds.co.uk

Have a lovely Wednesday!


JKD

No comments:

Post a Comment