Wednesday 6 October 2010

Wedding Supplier Wednesday - Serendipity Photography

Happy Wedding Supplier Wednesday! And boy do we have a treat in store for you today!! Featuring the WONDERFUL Sheffield based Katy Thomson, aka "The Strawberry Photographer" also known as Serendipity Photography, which has been going strong since January 2007 (Katy: I can't believe it's nearly 3 years!)


Katy really is a cracking girl – and this blog is going to be VERY photo heavy as we simply couldn’t pick which ones too use!!! Here is what she had to say about her company:

I have always been a keen photographer but up until 3 years ago it was a hobby. I have taken numerous courses and my passion for photographing people has just grown. I left my career as a secondary school teacher in December 2006 after making the very brave decision to follow my heart and start my own photography business. It's been a really challenging few years but I absolutely love the fact that my passion is now my career, how many people can say that? Serendipity Photography is growing from strength to strength and we have now developed our "Rock the Dress" shoots and the children & baby side of the business which is known as "Shutterbugs".

Shutterbug Snaps








I'm the "strawberry photographer" which means that when I do a family portrait shoot or a baby shoot or a wedding I bring strawberries! (Depending on the time of year they are either fresh fruits or sweets! : ) ) I like to make sure that the photos I create are the ones which my couples/families want to be treasured for many generations to come. My shoots are fun and I allow my "subjects" to relax and enjoy their time in front of the camera. It's always really important to find out about the people you are photographing so I always take some time to get to know my couples or families.

Wedding Snaps










My favourite part of my working day is taking the photos. I absolutely love it! I love people and so to be able to photograph people and give them photographs that they love is the best feeling in the world. I also love to see my photographs in frames/ albums/ canvases in my clients' homes. The other part I enjoy the most is being creative with my photography. Doing a shoot where I can research it before hand and be creative with the location and poses is the best way to get my creative juices going. The best way to do this is in fashion styled shoots such as "rock the dress" & shoots for PR.

Portrait Snaps






People often ask me why I'm known as the "strawberry photographer". It has come about because my logo for Serendipity Photography has a strawberry. This stems from 2 things which are really important about myself and my business. Firstly one of the first photographs I took professionally was of a little girl at a wedding who was eating a strawberry. It became a firm favourite and was an image I used in the first year to promote my business. The 2nd reason is simple...I'm a strawberry blonde ( not ginger!) and proud of it.


See why we love her so much!?!? If you would like to contact Katy you can on her WEBSITE, BLOG, TWITTER and FACEBOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH for allowing us to feature you Katy!

If we can help you with any bespoke jewellery please contact us on jon@jonkeithdiamonds.co.uk or 07904123297

Have a nice day!
JKD

No comments:

Post a Comment